Strawberry Galette is the perfect treat for your Valentine. Gift it to your bestie, your mom, or your sweetheart but make this for Valentine’s Day! Super simple, sweet enough and full of almond and berry flavors. It’s luscious with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, a dollop of creme fraiche or a spoonful of fresh whipped cream! These juicy, bright red strawberries are unequaled in a Valentine dessert presentation.
A few minutes in the kitchen and you’ll have this glorious Strawberry Galette ready to present to your Valentine! My Valentine, Dan the man has already asked me to make it again. What makes this Strawberry Galette better than all the others, you may ask! It’s the almond filling that is hidden beneath the berries. The ultimate blending of flavors ~ fresh, juicy strawberries and nutty, sweet almonds.
Another favorite Valentine’s Day dessert is this Coeur a’ la Creme. When I searched for the Coeur a’la Creme recipe I realized I posted that in my second month of blogging, February 2011. Unfortunately my mold was broken in our move to N.C.. Guess it’s time for a new one because now I’m drooling just thinking about that yummy, creamy goodness in the shape of a heart.
Whichever recipe you choose I hope that your Valentine’s Day is full of love and laughter and lots and lots of sweetness! Happy Valentine’s Day!
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon whole almonds
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 pint hulled and sliced strawberries
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 375*F.
- Roll out dough on a floured surface to a large circle 1/8" thick.
- Trim edges to make a smooth circle if necessary.
- Transfer to a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Add the 1/4 cup almonds, 2 tablespoons sugar and flour to the bowl of a food processor and process until a fine mixture is achieved.
- Spread almond mixture onto center of dough , leaving a 2 inch border.
- Combine the strawberries and remaining sugar to a bowl and mix gently.
- Let berries sit for about 5 minutes.
- Spread strawberry mixture over almond filling in center of dough.
- Fold the edge of the dough over the filling, folding it into creases as you work around the entire circle.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden brown.
- Chop remaining tablespoon of almonds.
- Remove from the oven and brush dough with the beaten egg.
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of chopped almonds over the dough.
- Return to the oven and bake for 15 more minutes,
- Let cool before slicing.
- Serve with ice cream, whipped cream or creme fraiche.